Research blog Choose a film with a nonlinear narrative.
• Try to devise a diagram of the narrative structure that represents the relationship between the different time frames.
• Upload your diagram and compare it with others. Look for good examples of time being contracted or expanded.
• Try to find at least one example of each technique listed above.
• Try to identify a couple of examples of the same techniques being used in very different ways. Describe them and explain how they work. If possible upload examples. Write a short script extract for two scenes that connect different parts of the same day.
• The transition should suggest what has occurred in between.
• Upload your script and ask other students to describe what they assume has happened in the intervening time.
• Is this what you intended?